In my first poem titled “My Structure”, I used a mostly the rhyme scheme known as eye rhyme. This is when the words rhyming do not sound the same but end in similar letters. The tone I was trying to use is that of excitement at first, then that of worry toward the 4th Stanza, later sadness, but finally motivated and ambitious. I compared my first experience with love to the creation and the destruction of a building or structure. The foundation of the building was me before the relationship. I tried to point out that toward the beginning of the relationship it was simple, much like laying the first bricks on a foundation, almost exciting due to the fact the workers or the creator cannot wait until it is finished. As the bricks kept stacking, the structure grew taller, and the structure just began too hard to maintain. The height of the building represented the length of the relationship. Each brick that was laid symbolized a memory or experience we each both shared. Toward the top of the structure, weaker bricks were being laid making the structure to begin to crumble. Each one of the bricks toward the top signified a bad experience or fight between the two of us.
The collapse of the structure signified the collapse of the relationship. The workers symbolized my ex girlfriend and myself. When one of the workers quit(the ex girlfriend) the lone worker (me), was left with the hurtful broken memories. Instead of succumbing to this upsetting misfortune I tried using this happy/ painful experience to warn myself of future relationships. To not just let feelings take control of my judgment. What inspired me to write this was because we learned that poetry can be about all types of love such to the of pain as well as happiness.
For my second poem I used a traditional piece of the Irish culture. On the Irish Claddagh it usually says “Friendship, Loyalty, and Love.” I felt that these three words could be explained in more depth to help people understand them more clearly but also show how they are three of the most important morals a person should live by. I only used two lines in each stanza mostly to show how simple these three words are in my everyday life. I explain my friendships as short and simple due to the fact that’s how they are. The people whom I’m friends with look past all of the unimportant stuff. Majority of people judge people on unimportant things rather than see a person for who they really are. The only way you can have a successful family is if you are loyal to one another. This goes for friendship as well. Majority of Irish people are roan catholic and usually remain devoted to their creed in order to properly marry in a Catholic church. Finally I felt that Love is the main emotions that allow friendship and loyalty to be possible. It may be possible to live without friendship, or loyalty, but without love a person could not live. My tone for this poem is upbeat and positive much like the true Irish attitude.
I enjoyed writing these two works of poetry for this paper. I believe I could have done better if I continue writing poetry. I never realized how writing how you feel can help you feel more positive toward a certain topic.
No comments:
Post a Comment