Kid Cudi is one of my main icons i look up to in the music industry today

Kid Cudi is one of my main icons i look up to in the music industry today
Kid Cudi is one of the main icons I look up to in the music industry today. We share the same attitude on life which simply expressed in a quote from his song, "Up, up and away".

Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Human Condition

Another class lecture that I felt I learned the most from was the discussion relating to the human condition. The fact that the people who we are today were not created by ones own free will but by the environment in which we were raised in. Things such as culture and higher authority are what shape our behaviors, thoughts and ideas. I see this first hand at every family event mainly because I am apart of a family who are mostly made up of city firefighters and City Police officers. There always telling me to live the life that was practical for them rather than go off and take on life with my own personal goals. It feels like a never ending competition between each other to see who’s the ideal member of the family that listened to the older generations guiding directions the best. At first as it was happening I didn’t understand why people would tell others to live an almost duplicated life of that individual, but after the lecture I realized that these people just want you to live an already planned out lifestyle to help them feel better about their life choices. To share with them what their idea of a successful lifestyle in order to give them relief of there past struggles and hard work to get them to where they are today. I respect the guidance, but people should be able to choose for themselves what in life will make them successful. If a person just follows what majority of people are doing and obtain the same lifestyle in the long run that’s not living life. But to stray off this worn guided path given to us by others, to later be successful by making your own path to success is how life should be lived.

1 comment:

  1. This lecture response is intelligible and extremely insightful!

    ReplyDelete